Friday 13 January 2012

Pollycraft Pen Pot - Another Prezzie Finished



Hello everyone,

Hope you are all having a great Friday 13th! Its been a good day for me - my hubby had the day off so we went out for lunch at a lovely cafe - which was fantastic.

When we got home he settled on the sofa for some zzzzzzz's (getting old you see!!!) and I decided to do some more crafting (as you do!!!!).

I decided that I would enter Pollycrafts challenge.
Ages ago I bought some plain cardboard pencil pots knowing that one day I would craft them into something of beauty and today is that day.
Here are some pics of my creation:-
This is the front of the pot. I painted the whole thing using some of the paint we had left over from painting up our daughter's room and have used the Up and Away digi stamp from Pollycraft. It is included in one of their bargain bundles at the moment which I highly recommend. I printed our the image three times (once onto plain cardstock and then twice on to patterned paper scraps in order to paper piece the balloon. The rest of the image is coloured promarkers.
This is the back of the pot. I decided that rather than try stamping directly onto the pot itself I would stamp the words (using a Studio G 99p alphabet set I bought a while ago and had never used!) onto scraps of paper and then cut them into cloud shapes to echo the hot air balloon on the front. Finally I had to add a heart which I cut using Xcut Funky Heart dies and also a tiny butterfly made using two tiny hearts cut using a Martha Stewart heart punch. I doodled the body and antenna using a black fineliner pen from Letraset.
Both sides of the pot are the same as this. The clouds are hand cut from scraps of patterned paper (which I used for balloon) and again I added a few butterflys using the heart punch above.
I finished off the whole creation with dabs of a Versa Magic chalk ink pad in Aqatic Splash just to add a bit of an aged feel to the piece and some beautiful ribbon I had "been saving for a special project" from my stash and also made a bow for the front.
I love it and also know that, as it matches my daughter's bedroom's colour scheme (and the Teddy Bo picture I previously showed) that she will love it too (well I really hope so). Its a surprise though so don't tell her yet!!!!
Hope you like it too xxxx

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous Emma! I love how you have paper pieced the balloon! I'm sure your daughter will LOVE it!

    Thanks for joining us for the Anything But A Card Challenge at Pollycraft!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete