Thursday 12 January 2012

Another Day - Another Challenge - Docrafts Bear 'Christmas Recycled ' Challenge No.6

Hi all,
Well I have entered as many times as I possibly can for the Teddy Bo goodies and every part of my body is crossed hoping that I will win something.
Its now been 11 whole days without me spending a penny (or even pounds!) on craft stuff and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. The only trouble now is that I am getting serious withdrawal symptoms and am finding myself just having sneaky peaks on craft website shops I love like PInk Petticoat, Create and Craft etc.
I nearly bought something again yesterday - I wanted to use my Craft Robo cutting machine (another rash crafting buy which I have hardly ever used in the almost two years I have had it!!!). I could'nt find my carrier sheet so hopped onto Ebay and almost purchased a set of two. But no, I managed to restrain myself and decided that I might be able to make one with I had already. A quick bit of laminating with a cardboard sheet in the middle and then a good coat of Stick N Spray from Crafters Companion and I had one perfectly useable carrier sheet for my machine - result - no craft spend and I saved £9.99 - yippeeee.
Yesterday must have been a good day 'cos I also resisted the super adorable Crafters Companion Pick of The Day from Create and Craft. I know I should'nt have been even watching the channel but old habits are very hard to break!!!!! I decided that as I have never even used any other Crafters Companion stamps I had already bought (like the Popcorn, Swalk and Humphrey - to name just a few!) that I really did not need anything else from them yet - and anyway they must still be available at the start of 2013 - mus'nt they?????
Anyway I have been busy crafting over the last few days and my newly super tidy craft room dose'nt really look that tidy anymore!!!! Oh boy, I'm a super messer crafter - but al least I'm a super messy crafter who has'nt spend any money craft duiring 2012 - yet!!!!
What better way to take my mind off buying crafty goodies than to enter a challenge - so yesterday I made another card, this time to enter into the Docraft Bear Challenge No 6. You can find it here:- http://http://www.docrafts.com/crafttalk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4135662
Here's my entry:-
The whole challenge was about recycling something left over from Christmas and making something else from it (it could not be Christmas themed). The creation also had to contain a bear.
Now I really love the kraft look - but unfortunately had run out of this type of cardstock. However when I used up a roll of christmas wrapping paper I found some brown kraft type card inside and decided to keep this ready to use on some crafty projects. So this challenge was what I had been waiting for. I used the card to make the scalloped oval mat (which I cut using Xcut Nesting Dies) and also the brown flower embellishments.
The bear stamp was a freebie I had previously found on the internet (although I can't remember where - sorry!!!).
I hope you like it. xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! LOve your colours! Such pretty flowers too.
    Chrissyxx
    I've been shopping twice since Christmas.... The sales are on lol.

    ReplyDelete