Thursday 15 August 2013

Craft Room Tidy & Organise - Challenge One - Space Audit

Well I felt so inspired that I decided to start the organisation challenge straight away.

So let challenge Part One commence:-

Week One - Space Audit

So this part of the challenge was great fun. I had to make a scrapbook page using all my supplies to find out what worked for me and what didn't. Now as I have already posted pictures of my craft room this was not easy and I ended up scraping on small amount of floor I have which is not covered with crafting goodies (and also getting bad cramp in my bottom and feet!!!) but I managed it and here is the page I ended up with:-


This page uses three pictures taken on a boat ride my kids, Mum & Dad, Auntie and I went on about this time last year. I started off with a basic sketch I found online and then just went for it (ending up not sticking to the sketch very much at all!!!).

I really like the page (especially the moving bunting in the left hand corner). However it did enable me to get my space audit list of good and bad things about my craft room done so here we go:-

Good Things

1. Easy to find digital photos from 2013 as all sorted into date order.

2. Cardstock all kept together so very easy to see colours required and to find matching sheets.

3. Small embellishments sorted into mini drawers all located in same area.

4. Stamps sorted into like with like folders which are easy to flick through and find suitable ones.

5. Adhesives all kept together in easy to open drawers and in easy to access position.

6. Tools all kept within easy reach of workspace.

7. Scrapbook Kits all kept together so easy to find items to complete quick page.

8.  Easy to find inspiration by using internet on computer.


Bad Things

1. Printed photos stored on bottom shelf in room and buried behind mountains of excess items.

2. Baskets of patterned papers and cardstock stored in baskets which are too heavy to pull on and off   the shelving unit.

3. Embellishments need to be sorted via colour to make it quicker to find matching items for pages.

4. Too many supplies - makes choosing what to use very overwhelming and difficult.

5. No workspace in room to scrap on.

6. Cannot find patterned papers easily as stored all together and not sorted into colours / patterns.

7.  Difficult to get to most things due to things being piled in front of drawers etc.

8.  Nowhere to display finished projects once made.


There done - I never thought that having too many things would be a bad thing - but maybe this challenge is changing my mindset!!!!


Bring on Part 2 - I'm sooooooo ready!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment